How to Make Your Own T-Shirt Design to Express Yourself August 15, 2022 – Posted in: Blog
Looking cool and fashionable with a t-shirt designed by yourself is indeed one of the added values for its users. Making your t-shirt design also has many advantages, one of which is that you can use clothes that suit your taste.
How to Make Your T-Shirt Design
Showing self-confidence is not an easy thing for some. Many factors affect a person’s self-confidence such as an unattractive appearance, not matching, an untidy appearance, and so on. Now to support your appearance for the better, you can create your t-shirt design that will be used later.
Generally, being able to make your t-shirt design is not easy, but now you don’t need to worry anymore because now there are enough steps so that you can make your t-shirt design which will later be applied to t-shirts by screen printing. Well, for more details, here are some steps so you can make your t-shirt design.
1. Find Inspiration
Design ideas usually come by themselves. But if you have trouble finding design ideas, you can look for inspiration through magazines, comics, television, movies, or from the surrounding environment. Inspiration doesn’t have to be an image either, but it can be in the form of writing, for example, a quote from a prominent figure or from a book you’ve read.
Just choose a good font then you’ve got an attractive t-shirt design. In making your t-shirt design, try not to offend certain groups or SARA. Your goal in making t-shirts is to stand out from the crowd, not to provoke people.
One more thing you need to keep in mind when creating designs is not to plagiarize other people’s images. You can use other people’s pictures as inspiration, but don’t copy them, especially if you intend to use the shirts for commercial purposes. It is possible that the image has already been copyrighted and the copyright owner has the right to sue you if they find out that you are trying to plagiarize their image.
2. Try Putting Designs on Old T-shirts
If you have a design idea, immediately put it in the form of an image on blank paper so you don’t forget it (assuming you have drawing skills). If you’re not good at drawing, put your ideas in writing. You can ask a friend who is good at drawing or an expert in graphic design to illustrate it.
After you make an idea image on paper, now try to put the paper on top of the t-shirt you have. This is to see if your design is too small, too big or fits the size of the shirt. It would be even better if the picture was already colored so you can all choose the right color for the shirt. If you are not sure which shirt color matches the design, then black or white is a safe color to choose because it is neutral.
My Services On Fiverr
Color separation for screen printing, t-shirt design, logo design, digital watercolor painting, etc.
Steps to Make a T-Shirt Design
- First, you can scan the image that you have made on the computer and then smooth it out and thicken it, when you thicken the image, remember never to color it other than black and white. Well, to be able to make the image neat and thick then you can use CorelDraw and Photoshop.
- Furthermore, the results of the black and white image on the t-shirt design can be printed on oil paper media or also called darker paper.
- If you have reached that stage, you can immediately print the resulting image to the media screen. After that, you can save the printed image of the oil paper on the top of the screen media that has been given the burning liquid. Then you can store it in a dark area where the top is illuminated by using a lamp or the sun. For those of you who choose to use a dining lamp, you can use a 20-watt lamp for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, if you use the sun you only need 10 seconds.
- When you are finished, then you can immediately clean the media screen by using water that is sprayed slowly. At this stage, the image from the print on the oil paper will appear on the empty screen area and will later become a gap so that the screen printing ink can enter the t-shirt media that you designed.
- After that, you can prepare the screen printing ink and choose the color that suits your wishes and needs. When preparing the screen printing ink, you have to make sure that the screen printing ink is dilute so as not to damage the t-shirt design.
- The next step is to save the screen on the top area of the t-shirt and put enough ink on the screen and then draw the ink in the same direction until it fills all the empty points on the screen using a screen printing rack made of rubber.
- In the last step, you can dry the t-shirt screen by printing in the sun or by using a hairdryer. After that iron, the paper slowly and also with appropriate heat or enough.
Using T-shirt Printing Services
If you don’t want to bother or don’t understand how to pour the design you’ve made into a t-shirt, you can use a custom t-shirt printing service. What you need to pay attention to when looking for a print service is how much the service fee they charge to print the image, the type of t-shirt used (the price varies depending on the type of t-shirt material), the size of the t-shirt, and how long the printing process takes. If you only print 1-2 t-shirts it may not take long to print. It’s a different story if you print with dozens or numbers.
So, hopefully, some of the reviews about your t-shirt design above can be useful and add to the main reading reference for those of you who have the desire to design your t-shirt.
- This Is How To Choose A Professional T-Shirt Printing
- 5 Kinds Of Fabrics That Are Usually Used For T-Shirts
- Not Only Simple but T-Shirts Also Have Special Attention
- 5 Men’s Fashion Recommendations To Look Cool In All Situations
- Show Your Creativity With Your Own T-Shirt Design!
Get a Chance FREE SHIPPING or DISCOUNT COUPON CODE!