Easy Tips for Designing Custom T-Shirts Using Photoshop August 11, 2022 – Posted in: Blog
It’s not difficult to apply how to make your custom t-shirt design. This guide is generally sought after by novice t-shirt designers as well as for individual needs. Are you one of them?
Steps to Design a Custom T-shirt
Most of the t-shirt designs on the market are generally in the form of typography (writing), images/vectors or A4 to A3 sized rasters. Along with the development of technology and fashion, designs for even more diverse. One of the newest variations that are trending applied to t-shirts is a custom design. As the name implies, if in the past T-shirts relied on screen printing to print letters or images, then this method uses software such as Photoshop to design them.
Some custom t-shirt designers generally use software such as Photoshop CS 3/5/6. You can also use other versions that are in the Adobe Photoshop group. In addition, prepare a computer or laptop that supports the design process. Do not let the design of custom t-shirts be hampered just because it is blocked by a slow device.
My Services On Fiverr
Color separation for screen printing, t-shirt design, logo design, digital watercolor painting, etc.
After everything is ready, follow the steps to create a custom t-shirt design below:
- Prepare a template for a t-shirt. In this case, the template for the t-shirt is usually plain; colored white. However, you can also use other colors according to the needs and desires of consumers.
- Select the pen tool in Photoshop. This feature serves to create patterns according to the shape of a custom t-shirt. As with templates, you can choose the size of the pen tool according to your needs.
- Create a new layer. The use of layers in designing the design is done to store the results of the t-shirt trace. So you won’t have to worry about editing them.
- Take the motive to be applied. In how to make a custom t-shirt design, this motif can be in the form of writing, images, and so on. The option is returned to you and the client.
- Next, insert the layer containing the motif into the main layer. You can multiply layers if needed. In addition, you can duplicate the motif layer.
- Activate the vector t-shirt pattern that you have prepared. Next, trim the vector onto the custom t-shirt until it completely covers the entire t-shirt. Trim so as not to deviate from the pattern.
- Erase the parts of the motif that hit the top of the shirt. So that the result is not messy, you can increase the size. That way, the smallest parts can be removed.
Once you’ve finished designing your design, you can publish it to your website and social media or directly print it onto an original t-shirt. Click the File menu, then select Export and click Save for Web (Legacy) if you want to upload it to a website. Then in the presets section, specify the required image or image format (eg .jpeg, .jpg, or .png). In order not to burden the storage memory or the process, we recommend that you choose the .jpeg format with a High-quality level.
Tips for Designing a Full Print T-shirt
- If you can’t create a template yet, download a mock-up available online. You can simply look for it on a search engine or website that provides mock-ups. Make sure the size of the template matches the order.
- Use a motif with a large resolution. Using a small resolution motif that is raised will result in a broken image. Print quality will not be good and very disappointing.
That’s the tutorial on designing a custom t-shirt. You can start this activity with a logo or simple patterns. Over time, you can develop ways to create complex custom t-shirt designs.
- How to Make T-shirts with Typographic Designs
- 5 Kinds Of Fabrics That Are Usually Used For T-Shirts
- Show Your Creativity With Your Own T-Shirt Design!
- Not Only Simple but T-Shirts Also Have Special Attention
Get a Chance FREE SHIPPING or DISCOUNT COUPON CODE!